- Topic and Off-site activities
Our topic this half term is Summer Fun! Meadow Class will be learning all about water safety, the seaside and the fair!
Some of our off-site activities will involve lots of fun activities outside, including water play, ‘fishing’, making our own kites and flying them in Epsom downs.
We will also be going down to the seaside for a whole day trip! The children will have the opportunity to swim in the sea, play in the sand and have an ice-lolly. More info to follow later in the term.
- Off-site physical activity
This term, Meadow Class will have TENNIS as their physical activity! Children did great during Summer 1 and practiced lots of football skills. It is now time to practice some tennis skills! Please could you send plimsols in for your child if you haven’t done so yet.
Meadow Class will continue doing lots of phonics practice and reading books. They will also be practicing lots of writing through different activities that involve shopping lists, writing/tracing own name, writing CVC words (Consonant Vowel Consonant i.e. dog) and writing simple sentences.
This term, Meadow Class will be focusing on money the first week, and the children will be earning ‘pocket money’ that week for the sale on Friday the 17th of June! The rest of the term, we will focus on measuring capacity that will involve lots of water play.
This term will be a chill one for Meadow Class. During PE lessons, Meadow Class will be learning different Yoga poses and relaxing techniques.
- PSHE and ICT:
- For the Personal, Social and Health Education area, Meadow Class will focus on changes in our bodies as we grow older. Meadow will also take part in short weekly mindfulness sessions ‘to get ready for learning’.
- Our main focus on ICT this half term will be computer skills, getting familiar with how to operate a computer or laptop.
- Children in Meadow Class will still have access to Boogie Beat and Akademi Dance. Both sessions are music based and aim to work on developing children’s motor and creative skills, through the use of different songs, stories and relaxing techniques.
On behalf of the Meadow Class Team, we look forward to the last half term of the year with all the children! Thank you for your continuous support and for always provide resources needed!